Hot New Job Opportunities
Our client, a Fortune 100 software industrial, is seeking an experienced Patent Attorney to serve as Chief IP Counsel for a highly profitable $1B+ enterprise software business unit.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Define and execute IP strategy as the primary legal advisor for all IP matters.
- Develop & maintain a high quality and relevant IP portfolio to protect technology differentiation across all business units.
- Execute complex global commercial IP transactions including deal structuring, drafting and negotiation across a range of areas including (i) software, SaaS, PaaS, APIs, data analytics and related integration and support services; and (ii) strategic partnerships, JVs and M&A (including IP diligence and integration of acquisition targets).
- Deploy & manage trade secret protection program.
- Manage IP disputes and litigation.
Applicants MUST have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
- 15+ years of legal experience at a leading law-firm and/or technology company.
- Extensive intellectual property experience in software with an emphasis on domestic and international portfolio development and intellectual property assertion and defense.
- Extensive experience in on-premises software, SaaS, cloud, data and analytics and IIoT.
- Hands on experience building robust functional processes and managing IP operations.
Our client, a leading Fortune 100 software industrial, is seeking an experienced software/tech attorney to serve as General Counsel for a fast-growing software business unit.
Responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Be a key member of the global leadership team for, and primary legal advisor to business units.
- Execute complex global commercial transactions including deal structuring, drafting and negotiation across a range of areas including (i) software, SaaS, PaaS, APIs, data analytics and related integration and support services; and (ii) strategic partnerships, JVs and M&A.
- Support new product releases as part of the product development process including ensuring regulatory compliance for new offerings, review of marketing, press releases and customer communications and defining the go to market contracting model.
- Manage risk, compliance and disputes for the business units.
- Define the company wide digital transformation and legal operations strategy and drive functional transformation putting in place core legal processes, automation and digitization.
Applicant must have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
- 15+ years of legal experience at a leading law-firm and/or technology company.
- Extensive commercial contracting experience in enterprise on-premises software and for SaaS, cloud, data and analytics, IIoT and related services with focus on customer facing transactions.
- Hands on experience building robust functional processes and managing legal operations.
- Customer focus and business acumen.
Our client, a Fortune 100 software industrial, is seeking an experienced commercial lawyer to join their team in Cincinnati as Assistant General Counsel for a $3B+ high growth business unit.
In this role, you will be responsible for handling and overseeing commercial contract negotiations; disputes (formal and informal); intellectual property matters (in conjunction with internal IP counsel); legal compliance; joint ventures, alliances and M&A; and budgets. You will anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems, as well as develop strategies to reduce potential areas of risk tactically and programmatically.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with the General Counsel in legal aspects of supporting the growth of the business
- Assess potential and mitigate legal risks
- Influence senior management
- Coaching and development
- Develop standardized processes
- Act as trusted advisor
- Manage external counsel
Candidates MUST have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
- 7 plus years of experience working in a major law firm or corporate legal department
- Experience negotiating complex commercial contracts
- Experience in health, safety and environmental (HSE) matters
- Litigation experience is a plus
Global specialty products company is seeking a mid-level lawyer to serve as the lead lawyer on a broad mix of corporate affairs and transactions. Most of the work will have an international dimension and will range from larger scale, complex cross border transactions to smaller, local agreements and deals. This role will work as part of the corporate legal team supporting a broad mix of transactions, including acquisitions and divestments of shares, businesses and/or assets, joint ventures, and carve-outs. Most of the work will have an international dimension and will range from larger scale, complex cross border transactions to smaller, local deals.
Responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Advise and support corporate functions with day-to-day legal needs, including documentation and execution of financial debt instruments, global Treasury operations support, intercompany transactions, coordination with company’s Corporate Secretary of extraordinary disclosure obligations.
- Actively participate in the negotiation, drafting, execution and post-closing of a wide range of select global M&A transactions
- Coordination and management of internal and external legal support to functional colleagues (e.g., Finance, Tax, People, Sustainability, Innovation) in a cross-disciplined/multi-jurisdictional context, including the support of select Corporate Treasury operations, as these interact with Corporate Finance/M&A transactions.
- Support Corporate Strategy and Development with the improvement of company´s approach to M&A transactions, including via the development of internal templates for core transaction documents and training of business clients, and ensuring effective and fully aligned end-to-end legal support to Legal Corporate and wider business colleagues in an M&A transaction context.
Candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
- Five to ten years in a reputable law firm (associate in a US firm or foreign associate in a US firm) with international exposure.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of law with focus on M&A.
- Advanced proficiency in English and Spanish
Trademark/Commercial Counsel-New York City
Our client is a New York City based dynamic consumer brands company that is seeking a trademark attorney to join their growing legal team. This person will interact with senior management on a regular basis and will work independently with limited supervision.
Responsibilities for this role will include the following:
- Trademark licensing
- Trademark prosecution
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- All commercial contracts
Successful candidates must have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
- Three to five years of strong trademark and/or commercial contracts experience, ideally representing brand/fashion licensing and royalties with a major law firm
- Trademark licensing experience is helpful
- A strong business acumen
Chief Trademark Counsel-REMOTE
Our client, a multi-billion dollar consumer pharmaceutical company, is seeking an experience trademark lawyer to manage their global trademark portfolio. Candidates should have eight to twelve years experience with a global CPG company and the ability to partner with all levels of management on a regular basis.
Global Head of Labor & Employment-REMOTE
Our client, a global provider of specialty products, is seeking an experienced labor & employment lawyer who will be responsible for company’s global employment law function.
Responsibilities for this role include the following:
- Provide timely and practical legal advice to meet the labor/employment legal needs of a global company.
- Support the leadership team, providing strategic legal advice on employment topics.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to business leaders on a variety of employment topics, including hiring, performance management, employee relations, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour, workplace safety regulations (OSHA), discipline and termination, compensation, benefits, and data privacy.
- Partner closely and collaboratively with investigative functions, providing day to day employment law advice relating to internal investigations.
- Manage employment related litigation, including responding to attorney demand letters, effectively negotiating resolution of claims.
- Oversee and manage outside counsel on employment litigation or investigations matters to ensure high-quality, cost-effective service, leveraging an established network of outside counsel.
Candidates must have the following qualifications to be considered:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of labor & employment law experience, including at least 4-6 years as in-house counsel for an international corporation. Experience working in Latin America is a strong plus.
- A license to practice law in the United States, with strong academic credentials.
- Excellent verbal and written English. Spanish or Portuguese is a strong plus.
- Data privacy experience is a strong plus.
Corporate Governance Counsel-New York City
Our client, a preeminent global financial services institution, is looking for a top-quality, hard-working and intelligent, Corporate Governance Attorney with excellent communication and organizational skills, to join them in New York City.
You must have 4-6 years of Corporate Governance experience, mostly at a top law firm. In-house experience is a plus, but is not required. In addition, you must be an expert in and enjoy reviewing and drafting documents related to entity formation, authorizations and dissolutions.
You will be supporting a division with approximately $150 billion AUM that is known for its focus on infrastructure, energy, real estate and other related financings and investments.
You will be responsible for overseeing corporate governance strategy and legal operations:
- Advise on and improve corporate governance best practices processes and adapt them to changing requirements, policies and procedures.
- Oversee legal aspects of deals and changes such as distributions, contributions, D&O changes, dissolutions, restructurings, etc.
- Oversee governance aspects of investment committee and board activities and develop well-organized related procedures
- Manage paralegals who maintain document registries and databases and implement best practices with respect to the upkeep of corporate records
- Develop playbooks with respect to portfolio company interactions with legal team
- Support on mergers and acquisitions
Emerging Technologies Counsel-Automotive Segment
Fortune 100 tech company is seeking a customer-focused transactional attorney to review, draft, and negotiate business-to-business-to-consumer service agreements for large and sophisticated, multinational commercial accounts in the exciting, new high-growth Connected Cars Segment of the Company. These commercial deals often involve cutting-edge technology issues. The work will involve drafting and negotiating enterprise sales contracts, and a strong understanding of issues specific to technology contracting. Experience in the automotive industry and ideally, experience with emerging technology in the automotive context is required. Role is remote and can be anywhere in the US.
Mutual Fund Counsel-New York City
We represent a global asset manager based in NYC looking to hire a ‘40Act attorney with at least three years experience to provide legal support for the firm’s U.S. registered funds, sub-advisory relationships and other retail products, including separately managed accounts and model-based programs. You will work closely with senior management and other teams across the firm including fund administration, and compliance and will handle regulatory issues and general legal matters.
- Provide legal advice and support on issues relating to U.S. registered funds (open- and close-end), retail separately managed accounts, model-based programs and sub-advisory relationships with particular emphasis on contracts, distribution, product development, marketing and sales practices
- Assist in preparation of materials for board meetings; attend board meetings and draft minutes
- Draft organizational documents, board actions, investment management agreements and service contracts
- Preparation and filing of annual prospectus updates and registration statements for new funds; oversee all other required 1940 Act filings
- Review and negotiate distribution agreements with fund intermediaries
- Work closely with senior management
- Attorney with top credentials, at least 3-6 years related experience in-house, regulatory, or leading law firm required
- Has detailed knowledge of securities laws applicable to registered investment companies including the Investment Company Act of 1940
Experience with the following is required:
- Mutual Funds and other registered funds
- Legal issues relating to asset management
- Negotiating and drafting contracts
In-House Corporate Counsel (Remote/Hybrid/NYC or NC areas)
Our global insurance industry client is looking for a well-trained corporate law attorney with 4-5 years of experience.
This role is very wide ranging and will report into the company’s Deputy General Counsel. An understanding of public company equity offerings, 10Ks, 10Qs and other related securities filings and corporate governance would be ideal, but open to any type of corporate law experience; for instance M&A or structured finance. As long as have at least a basic understanding and able to issue spot. Additional knowledge in labor and employment matters, and business transactions a plus. You will also have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities in areas of interest as available.
In this role, you will also provide legal advice and support in areas such as transactional (M&A), entity structuring, human resources, privacy, 401(k) and other retirement and benefit plans, compensation and benefits plans, financings and other capital transactions, as well as intercompany arrangements and transactions with global subsidiaries; contract review and negotiation, and assist the Compliance function.
The company has offices throughout the United States. Position can be remote. Ideally candidate will be located either in the NYC tristate area or North Carolina for occasional office visits and travel on an as needed basis.
Public Company Counsel-New York City based Asset Manager
We represent a Global Asset Manager based in New York looking to hire an attorney with a least 4 years of experience for key legal and advisory role regarding all aspects of public company work, including:
- Board/committee meetings attendance and preparation;
- Ongoing and direct interaction with board and members of management;
- Preparation, drafting and review of SEC filings;
- Preparation of forms under Section 16 of the Exchange Act and tracking stock ownership of officers and directors
- Corporate governance and compliance, including preparation of corporate reports and filings and correspondence with the NYSE;
- Earnings releases, earnings conference calls and analysts calls;
- Coordination of corporate press releases; and
- Shareholder and stakeholder relations.
Support senior counsel handling all general corporate matters including:
- Employment and compensation matters;
- Commercial and vendor contracts;
- Corporate and strategic transactions and significant events;
- Public company securities offerings and issuances;
- A minimum of four years legal experience working on corporate matters as an associate at a leading law firm and/or in-house counsel
- A comprehensive knowledge of securities laws applicable to public companies, NYSE rules and regulations, and Delaware general corporation law
Experience with the following is essential:
- Legal issues relating to public companies (including corporate governance issues);
- Relevant Federal securities laws, including the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and the rules/regulations thereunder;
- Negotiating and drafting contracts;
- Experience with securities transactions (including the Securities Act of 1933) and an understanding of the capital markets a plus
- Be a consensus builder and team player with the ability to work well within a matrix organization and develop others
- Have the cultural skills and sensitivities necessary to work effectively in a global organization
- Demonstrates inclusive behaviors in support of a culture that values diverse perspectives
Remote/Hybrid/NYC or Philadelphia metro areas-Associate Counsel- Intellectual Property
Our client is at the forefront of targeted protein degradation research and development and is looking to hire its first lawyer. They are supported by major players and investors in this space.
You will be a junior Intellectual Property lawyer with 1+ years of experience in the biopharmaceutical and/or pharma-tech industry, either in-house or at respected law firm. Admission to the USPTO and a background in patent prosecution and chemistry is required. Patent agents or paralegals with relevant backgrounds will also be considered.
You will be responsible for managing the company’s IP portfolio and filings and managing the docket as well as other related IP work.
You are able to think strategically and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
This will be a remote position for the time being. They have offices in the NYC and Philadelphia areas. Proximity to either is preferred.
Compliance Director-New York City
One of the country’s premier rating agencies is seeking to hire a Compliance Director to be based in New York City. The ideal candidate will be a lawyer with at least 8 years of combined legal and compliance experience. Credit rating agency and/or fixed income experience a plus. Responsibilities will include managing day to day operations; liaising with senior management, legal and compliance personnel, and bond rating regulators; implementing compliance training programs; participating and submitting annual and periodic regulatory submissions; and managing the compliance calendar. This role is remote for now and will soon be 3 days/week in the office. All employees must be fully vaccinated or possess a sincerely-held religious belief or a documented medical condition.
Equity Derivatives Counsel-New York City
We represent a global investment bank in New York looking to hire an attorney with 4+ years of experience to US equity derivatives trading and structuring teams and other businesses in connection with a broad range of equity derivatives products, structured products, margin loans, cash equities and other investment banking products. You will provide legal guidance and counsel to the Business, credit, and other control functions on a wide range of topics including securities law, contracts law, documentation, margin regulations, SEC and CFTC regulations, internal policies, and other regulatory topics.
Private Funds/Transactional Counsel
We represent a Global Financial Services company looking to hire an attorney to support private funds (PE, Real Estate, Hedge Funds, Co-Investments).
The successful candidate must be able to work independently on complex transactions and will primarily support the Alternative Assets Group in all phases of “buy side” private equity, real estate and hedge fund investment.
A minimum of 5-12 years of relevant investment, securities and funds law experience required. Expertise in private funds’ regulation by the SEC and CFTC, and relevant transaction documentation is required.
Real Estate Finance Counsel-Hybrid or Remote
We represent a Global Financial services company originating a wide variety of mortgage, mezzanine and preferred equity investments currently looking to hire an attorney with 5 plus years of experience.
The role will be varied in nature but will include:
- Providing substantive legal advice and broad legal oversight in connection with loan originations, supporting the business in the development of new product offerings and investment strategies impacting proprietary and third-party mortgage lending programs;
- supporting fund raising activities, fund formation, and separate client accounts;
- managing the performance of, and relationships with, outside counsel;
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an established track record of relevant experience in real estate finance,
- have experience with fund formation, capital raising and negotiating investment management agreements. Experience with fund formation and CLOs is a plus but not required.
A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience, either in private practice (preferably with an AmLaw 100 firm) or in-house, and admission to the bar of at least one state.
Ideal location is Atlanta, but also the ability to be located in any other city where they have offices (Dallas, Houston, Arlington, San Francisco, LA, Washington DC, NJ, NY, etc.). 2 days/ week in office. They will also consider a fully remote situation from any location.
Commercial Counsel-New York City Maritime Company
Fast-growing NYC-based maritime transportation company seeking in-house counsel with 3+ years of experience. This attorney will support commercial contacts, loan agreements, vessel charters, and leases; oversee litigation management, including liability, environmental claims, and employment matters; coordinate with sales and executive teams on customer contract, tariff and corporate matters. No maritime experience is required for this position.
Real Estate Leasing Counsel-New York metro area
Major worldwide real estate developer is seeking a talented, experienced real estate leasing attorney with approximately 3-7 years of relevant experience.
Responsibilities include negotiating, drafting, revising and managing a high volume of tenant leases and all related leasing agreements. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and proven ability to multitask essential. Position reports to the General Counsel.
Law Firm Opportunities
-Dynamic growing boutique litigation firm with national presence and a successful 30 year history, seeks a well credentialed, large law firm trained associate with 2+ years of experience. The litigation practice ranges from commercial b/k, investigations, securities, investigations, employment, products liability and mass torts. The firm does not staff cases with layers of associates, so hands-on experience with depositions, drafting and court appearances will come much sooner. The firm has a collegial environment.
-Antitrust Litigation Associate 2-3 years-NY
Stellar global antitrust practice seeks top-tier antitrust litigation associate for their NY office. Would also look at antitrust litigation associates with white collar experience.
-Antitrust Associate or Counsel-DC
Looking for an HSR expert with abundant experience. Global powerhouse antitrust practice seeks someone who wants to join one of the most robust antitrust merger practices in DC. Complex and exciting merger deals.
-Antitrust Partner- San Francisco
Prestigious boutique firm seeks a well-established yet entrepreneurial partner to join a growing office. Tons of opportunity to shape and develop a West-coast-based antitrust practice for a highly selective firm.
-Antitrust Associate-San Francisco
Highly-ranked boutique firm, new to the San Francisco market, seeks BigLaw associates that want to practice at the highest level in fast-paced and exciting firm that is an alternative to BigLaw.
Well-established global firm seeks transaction tax partner for their Houston practice. Collegial opportunity to network with their resident Houston tax litigation partner. Our client has a historical top-tier reputation in tax.
-Antitrust Cartel Partner-NY/DC/San Francisco
Global firm is interested in building up their criminal antitrust practice. Wonderful opportunity to build out a cartel practice with the support of a well-established antitrust practice.
-Antitrust Partners-DC/NY/San Francisco
We have several law firm clients interested in antitrust partner with litigation, merger and cartel experience. Amazing partner opportunity!
-International Arbitration Partner-NY/DC
Very prestigious law firm seeks to attract a partner or small group to help establish their US-resident practice. Their global reputation in international arbitration is among the best. This is an unusual opportunity. LatAm and/or energy experience a plus but will look at other base practices too.